ITHAKA - JONGERT 2700M
ITHAKA is the 5th launch of the highly successful and coveted JONGERT 2700M series built by the famous Dutch Jongert Shipyard and features many improvements and details over her precursors.
World famous yacht Architect Doug Peterson has redesigned the hull lines and the aft deck including the two outside steering stations and Van Oossanen naval architects have designed a special wing keel and an elliptic balance rudder for better performance under sail. A 3m taller carbon mast with carbon boom and hydraulic in-boom furling was chosen to further improve performance. Bow- and stern thrusters were installed for easy maneuvering.
The deck has been carefully designed for safe and easy operation. From behind the two steering wheels there is an unobstructed view around the yacht. In front of the steering positions a large outside seating area with two small cocktail tables offer a great leisure area.
The deckhouse is a versatile and much appreciated area. It can be closed up completely for all-round protection in colder climate.The two aft stb- and portside windows can also be lowered to allow the breeze to flow through. The starboard table can moreover be lowered to create a much appreciated lounge bed.
Below decks, the accommodation has been installed with a “floating interior” to reduce noise and vibration levels.
This is further enhanced with water separators on main engine and generator exhausts for quiet operation.
A beautiful and modern pear wood was chosen to create a light and luxurious atmosphere.
The spacious lower salon amidships offers a settee to starboard for relaxation and a large dining area on port. Forward the salon is the well-equipped galley and the crew quarters, separated by a door.
The elegant and spacious accommodation for the owners and the guests is located to the stern, with a vast owner stateroom and two twin guest cabins, all with en-suite bathrooms.
Displaying all the qualities of a genuine Jongert, ITHAKA is reliable, enduring and easy to service. All technical systems on the yacht and specially in the engine room are installed for easy access and service.
ITHAKA features some attractive technical details:
- Integrated in-boom furling with mainsail traveler and foresails furled on two hydraulic furlers enabling a crew of two to handle the yacht with ease and security
- Optimized and re-positioned standing rigging and foresail sheets run underdeck offering a safe and free walk on deck
- Dinghy safely stowed in recessed superstructure (multifunctional storage for tender / gennakers in regatta sailing or as kids’ bath) It takes the two crew max 3 minutes to lower or stow the dinghy!
- Huge lazarette, with folding bathing platform, for all toys, diving gear, bicycles, fishing gear etc.
- Large aft platform for easy and safe access to dinghy or swimming
- High pedigree yacht, superior quality of built
- Fantastic sailing performances, proven Jongert regatta winner
- Reliable yacht for world cruising, easy to sail by two
- Optimized and safe deck layout with free walk gangways
- Plenty of space on deck and high volume inside
- Excellent condition
ITHAKA is the unmistakable proof of the outstanding Dutch yacht building and craftsmanship. She’s a solid yacht in excellent condition and has obviously always been maintained to the highest standards by her dedicated crew. Now in 2ndownership, the yacht has always been privately owned and never chartered. She’s technically in turn-key condition and will satisfy in every aspect a discerning family looking for a very comfortable and safe yacht to sail the world.
- Type: Sloop
- Naval architect: Doug Peterson
- Interior designer: Jongert Design Team
- Builder: JONGERT B.V., Holland
- Year: 2007
- Hull: Aluminium
- Length: 27.30 m (89.57 ft)
- Beam: 6.58 m (21.59 ft)
- Draft: 3.05 m (10 ft)
- Engines: 1x 257 Hp/189 kW Scania
- Displacement: 78.5 t
- Registry: London UK
- Location: Palma de Mallorca
Price: 2.850.000€ VAT paid
1x aft full-width owner stateroom with ensuite bathroom
4 guests in 2 twin cabins amidship, each with ensuite bathroom
3 crew in 2 cabins forward