When you visit our website and use our services, you trust us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US
You can browse through this website, including searching for yacht sales and berths for sale without registering any of your Personal Information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when subscribing our newsletter or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information we collect might include your name, postal address, email address, phone number. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
- INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect or receive:
- process orders that you have submitted
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, offers, information, campaigns, activities, promotions. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below)
We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it's treated securely.
Your details (your email address, phone, etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Most personal information is stored encrypted in the database. The primary database is currently located in Switzerland. A copy of the database is stored by Dropbox.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- YOUR MARKETING CONSENT
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your prior consent.
- ACCESS & UPDATION
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information HAAS INTERNATIONAL hold about you.
- SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST POLICY
HAAS INTERNATIONAL is fully committed to respecting individuals’ right to access personal information held about them.
Any individual who makes a valid subject access request is entitled to be:
- told whether their personal data is being processed;
- given a description of the personal data, a reason for processing and whether it has been shared with any other organizations or persons;
- given details of the source of the data (where this is available); and
- given a copy of the information comprising the data.
Individuals are entitled only to their own personal data, and not to information relating to other people unless they are acting on behalf of that person. In these circumstances, written consent will be required.
In order to be valid, a clear written request by letter, email or fax must be provided.
A proof of identification may be requested to ensure that the personal information requested is provided to the right person. Two forms of ID will be required. One must be name identification (e.g. Passport) and the other a form of address identification dated in the last three months.
HAAS INTERNATIONAL will comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as is practicable but will ensure that the information is provided within 30 days, as required by GDPR. All subject access requests should be addressed to HAAS INTERNATIONAL, Bitzistrasse 13, CH-6055 Alpnach, Switzerland.
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
All information contained on this website is presented in good faith and subject to change, errors, and omissions at any time. Accuracy and reliability of such information are neither guaranteed or warranted. Specifications, prices, location and availability of the yachts listed are provided for guidance purposes only and are subject to change without notice. Users should contact HAAS INTERNATIONAL to confirm the accuracy of such information.
No warranties or representations of any kind expressed or implied are given in connection with this site or its content, including without limitation the completeness or accuracy of any of its contents. If any such warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
EMAIL A FRIEND
We may from time to time operate an “Email a friend” service. This is a referral service, designed to make it easy for customers to recommend the Site or offers to a friend, and is a two-step process. First, a customer sends us the friend’s name and email address, and secondly, we contact the friend, telling them who we are, and inviting them to take advantage of a particular offer or to visit the Site. When we contact your friend, we always advise them of the name and email address of the friend who made the original referral. We will not use your friend’s details for any other purpose.
HAAS INTERNATIONAL has a zero-tolerance spam policy.
HAAS INTERNATIONAL provides a facility that enables users to send email messages to others. Users must not use this facility to send unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, whether or not for commercial purposes.
In the unlikely event that you receive any message from HAAS INTERNATIONAL or sent using HAAS INTERNATIONAL systems that may be considered to be spam, please contact us using the details below and the matter will be investigated.
HAAS INTERNATIONAL website does not collect any cookies.
All aspects of this website, including design, text, graphics, images, applications, software, underlying source code, are the copyright of HAAS INTERNATIONAL and its affiliates or content and technology providers.
In accessing these web pages, you agree that any downloading of content is for personal, non-commercial reference only. No part of this website may be copied, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of HAAS INTERNATIONAL. The permission to copy by an individual does not allow for incorporation of any material into any other work, publication, website or other media, whether in hard copy, electronic, or other forms.
Any other use of the website without the prior written consent of HAAS INTERNATIONAL is strictly forbidden. For rights clearance please contact us.
HAAS INTERNATIONAL takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.
If HAAS INTERNATIONAL discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, HAAS INTERNATIONAL may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of HAAS INTERNATIONAL copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to HAAS INTERNATIONAL.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to HAAS INTERNATIONAL.
LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE
Haas International reserves the right at its discretion to prohibit any link from another internet website or equivalent entity to materials or information on this website. Without prejudice to that, any link to material or information on this website must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate HAAS INTERNATIONAL as the destination of the link.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations.
HAAS INTERNATIONAL has no control over the contents of third party websites, and HAAS INTERNATIONAL accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and HAAS INTERNATIONAL in relation to your use of this website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website. HAAS INTERNATIONAL reserves the right to change or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice and encourages users to review these terms periodically remain informed. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
You and HAAS INTERNATIONAL agree that any disputes arising from your use of this website will be subject to Swiss law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss courts at the legal location of HAAS YACHTING AG.